When your week begins in an unlikely format, it’s
hard to fathom which devil whose path you crossed unknowingly. In my culture
the blame would be on the first person you saw on your way from home. Still in
primary school, I came across a proverb; “a bad beginning makes a good ending” but
no one would admit to fantasying it to come true. It would be akin to a story
book character that goes through trials to eventually emerge successful or a
hero in what he/she does.
There is some truth to such story book characters
despite the wild imaginations usually implored by the authors, most actually do
research in these facts. Sometimes it’s such a hard task to discern facts from
fictions even in our daily lives. You might at times pause in your actions as
something/ person seems beyond your comprehension, at that time you assume it
is fiction and it will pass by.
Last week begun as such, a normal initial appointment
hadn’t prepared me for a second unplanned meeting that I thought could save me a
lot of effort if I had it then. For a moment I thought it was my fiction world
and I needed a hero of myself. Trust, maybe I should have taken the mantle of
heroism but the imminent memories of characters like those of titanic keeps a
cautious side of me alive.
Up to this time I
can’t explain why someone, who certainly was a student at one time, could claim
he doesn’t speak to students who have research to do. Research he believes should
be left to the specialists, the world is indeed coming to naught with such
madness lingering on.
That incidence couldn’t freeze time so life had to
move on and indeed it was proof that selfish and egoistical people are a minute
fraction of the world’s population. With the other part of my study (“Autopsy
study…..” as I was being accused of grabbing a pathologist’s role when am a
mere student) going on smoothly as I met more nice people and yes I met those I
hadn’t seen in years.
Relations I had for long taken a back came to light
and by unknown cosmic coincidence of taking paths I wouldn’t have. There is
more evidence of the existence of a supernatural being than science might
attempt to explain. With a good feeling to culminate a week after a good conversation
with a colleague about biostatistics and publications makes me more determined
to pursue my dream of clinical research.
At this time, the feeling however elated, albeit a
bit from the low set point on Monday, a special guest is yet to arrive. In anticipation,
I am and with hope I pray we make a tag team with my special guest and of
course the wonderful person making this possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment